Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

Hey hey, it's another Tuesday and this week it is not the start of the work week. Thankfully it seems less chaotic at work already and I've managed to start this week off with the right foot. I have gotten in two workouts on Monday and will be getting in two today. Let's hope this week keeps up this way. I only have 10 short weeks until my Olympic distance triathlon and I'm feeling a wee bit undertrained at this point.

Lately I cannot seem to get enough of this sandwich at lunch, this literally has been my lunch for 75% of the days this past month and the trend is continuing! It's a slice of Vermont White Cheddar cheese, some turkey, one tomato sliced, 1/2 avocado and sometimes spinach on a wheat sub bun.

Sarah and I finally managed to get together for a weekend run and it was going to be a late one. We decided to run on Sunday over Saturday due to the weather being about 10 degrees cooler and no chance for random thunderstorms. We were going to go in the morning, but I was a little tired and lacking energy in the morning thanks to an extra beer than I should have had the night before. We eventually made it work at 8pm and I was actually looking forward to it. I got to bust out the headlamp and we managed to stay cool the whole time. The clouds were amazing and I captured this on top of the hill before our turnaround. The blur adds to the mystique of the picture I think.

I am looking forward to tackling the Bellin Run this week Saturday and will be pushing for sub 1 hour and maybe even around 55 if conditions are favorable. Hopefully another PR will be in the books for this year and it's sad to think it may be last road race for awhile.

Do you prefer morning or evening runs?
I definitely enjoy evening runs but I feel accomplished when I do manage to get in a morning run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!