Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Madness

I don't really remember why I signed up for another marathon! We are starting to get into the really long runs and you forget about everything that aches the last time you did it. Yesterday was a 14 miler and it was so nice to wake up to it being 17 degrees. My right hip has been bothering me once I get past about 8 miles or so, time to get back to work on strengthening my glutes.

I have also decided to give up on the Half Ironman training for this year. The one I was aiming at happens to fall the weekend after The Longest Day, where I am hoping to run a record amount of miles this year. Trying to marathon train while training for it is also a little too much on my body right now. I need to get my focus back on eating right, healthy size portions and getting that lean body we all desire. This will also help fuel my body correctly and increase my recovery and endurance in the long run.

I also want to get back to really just going out there and enjoying myself and I have been dreading some of the longer workouts. Long trainer rides on the bike are especially difficult to enjoy without watching some Badger Basketball. I have to break up the monotony too so I also read for a little while.



This week I cannot wait to get a break from work and also get to spend some time enjoying life and trying new things. I think this forecast will do for a break from this winter.


May the journey begin to expand my horizons!!


4 comments:

  1. For a second I thought that was the Appleton forecast. haha. Duh! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA, that would be nice. Although I would be upset if we had that kind of weather when I was gone.

      Delete
  2. Looks like some great weather coming up! 60s sound divine. We are supposed to get rain turning into snow today and then the rest of the week should be better. So tired of mud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the weather for Charlotte, NC where I will be vacationing this week. Although it's at least in the 30's or 40's here for a few days.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!