Sunday, January 29, 2012

Missing My Motivation

I'm finding it extremely difficult to keep myself motivated lately with my workouts. I've been totally random on when I do work out and I can't seem to get myself excited about doing my hip stretching and range of movement exercises for my hip. I know it will only help me with my running and get me all healed up, but it's just not the same as going for a run because I'm signed up for a race or following a training plan.

Any tips on keeping the motivation up? What do you do in order to keep your cross training items fun? It just feels like I'm going to the gym and going through the motions. Maybe it's the winter blahs creeping in on me since my dreams of running a marathon this year have been washed down the drain :(

On the good news side....I've actually avoided gaining weight with the cut back on my workouts due to my little injury! Trying to get under the weight I was since I graduated college now.....WooHoo!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it's hard to keep up the motivation. I used to hate cross-training, and when I got injured the first time, I basically did nothing which did NOT help the mental state.

    What I do now is have a whole list of cross-training workouts already prepared - 45 minutes on the elliptical, lap swimming, rowing, pushups/squats, core workout, spinning, etc. and I force myself to do one a day. It's hard at first, but then when you see on Daily Mile that you have a nice streak going, you really don't want to break it...

    Hoping for good running news for you this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!