Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy PR to me!!

Happy PR to me, happy PR to me.....that is what you are supposed to sing on your birthday right? GOOD, cause that is exactly what I did yesterday!! I decided it was a great day to do the Jelly Bean Virtual 5K race that is being hosted by Run with Jess since I knew I couldn't let myself down on such a special day. I pushed myself hard and really tried to get a great time and I nailed it!!
It was an I LOVE RUNNING day!!!


I surpised myself be averaging just under 9 minute miles for a total of 27:47. I just still am having a hard time wrapping my head around this as my current 5K PR is 32:16 which was just this past July. I really don't know how I've gotten that fast in just 9 months as I've shaved essentially 2 minutes off my per mile pace.

I really think this injury has helped me become stronger both physically and mentally! I've quit running with my mp3 player to try and help me focus on my surroundings and I've really been in tune with my breathing and keeping the correct form. All tools that will help me out in the long run in being a better runner.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Super PR Lish! A two minute per mile shave is HUGE.
    I agree that injury teaches u SO much. Looks like you took the lesson and ran with it :)

    Love the PR photo too, W/ I LOVE running!
    Have a great Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the shiny new PR!!!

    Happy birthday indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!