Sunday, April 1, 2012

Summer Sanctuary

I can't wait for summer to arrive and Memorial Day Weekend is now only 2 months away!!  Just turning onto the sand road off the main roads is just such a peaceful moment and I can't wait to get some swims and runs in up here!!


Here are the serene views of the lake standing on the dock (which is a supsended dock with cables holding it up so we don't have to take it in and out each year): 

View to the right

View to the left

And our course the way up the lovely cottage from the water. My grandpa built this place when I was only a few years old so I have many fond memories of being here and a number of my extended family on several weekends throughout the summer. The cottage itself is not very large so it was like a huge sleepover party and all of our cots lined up across the living room and the furniture pushed aside. It's a 3 bedroom and 2 pull out couches so it sleeps quite a few at least.


Yesterday we had an our annual leaf (& pine needles) raking day at my Grandma's cottage to start the yearly prep work (note the leaf piles in this picture). The kids had fun jumping in the larger piles as I remember doing as a kid. We had 3 trailer loads of bags sent to the dump and the last pile got dumped across the street in the woods since we ran out and some of the kids got wheel barrow rides. It helped to keep the leaves from flying out on the way there at least :)


I just can't wait to be able to relax in peace this summer and spend as many nice days up here as I can. Cell phones only work if you are outside and depending on the day it only works on the dock so it's nice to get away from the daily grind. The good thing is it's only a 45 minute drive from my house so day trips are easy enough to fit in. I envision some morning swim/run workouts and then relaxing in my floaty chair with a nice cold beverage in the cup holder.

1 comment:

  1. What a special place! My dad's family has a cabin like this,but on the opposite side of the country from me. So nice that you can take advantage of yours!
    Leaves are fun! Here I use them for garden mulch.
    The floaty chair sounds perfect for the summer:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!