Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mentoring Opportunity

I am excited to officially be a mentor/pacer for the Fleet Feet Winter Warriors 15K program. We had our kickoff meeting tonight and I can't wait to get out there and hit the pavement. There are scheduled runs at 6pm Thursday night and 7:30am Saturday morning each week. This is exactly what I need to keep me running outdoors throughout the week!!

I have never coached other runners before other than friends who I've helped along the way so I'm looking forward to expanding my running group and help others achieve their goals. Seeing others push themselves motivates me to write some down and strive for mine!

I recently have come to a point where I am tired of being mediocre, in the past I have been okay with being average. I am sick of the status quo and realized I need to face my fears, push myself and put everything out on the table. So here are some of the goals I have for myself next year.

  • Run a sub 26:00 5K
  • Run a sub 2:00:00 half-marathon
  • Run at least 1 marathon and PR (sub 4:50:00)
  • Complete the Fremont Sprint Triathlon sub 1:00:00
  • Finish an Olympic Distance Triathlon
How can I expect to be a coach and push others when I'm too afraid to push myself? I have been afraid of injury and failing, but I am determined to face it head on! 

Here is to a great 2013 and remaining 2012!!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun mentoring!

    Those are great goals for you! Your first three are very similar to what I have in my head for next year. (Gotta PR that stinkin' marathon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you're not mediocre at all! You have come so far with your running and should be proud of all that you accomplished this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! You will be an awesome mentor!! I am excited to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!