Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Marathon Training Recap - Week 9

TAPER is almost here!!! I have one more high mileage and then I get to be taper crazy for the next 3 weeks until marathon day is finally here. It's hard to believe it really is that close now. Once again I did not get in all my workouts scheduled, here is the proof:

9/10/2012Bootcamp436.1Rest19.5Cleaning (5 hrs)


I have discovered I suck at getting my mid-week runs in. Well, at least I have conquered Step 1 in admitting that I have a problem. I managed to get 2 of the 3 runs in but both were short by 1-2 miles but I did do an extra 0.5 on my Saturday long run so that makes up for it right? If you want to read about my new personal distance record run, click here and you will also see some of the places I pass along the way.

Oh yeah, and I totally consider cleaning for 5-6 hours on Sunday cross training. I really wanted to hop on the bike for an evening ride because it has been since the first week of August since I've gone on one. Seriously, way too long but I was just feeling spent and ran out of daylight :(

This is my final week of higher mileage and I have vowed to myself that I will make it count!! I have learned that I need to vary up my runs during the week to keep myself interested. I am becoming VERY BORED with my usual routes and scenes, but honestly it's just easiest to run out the driveway and run home. I have been working more hours than I would like to and it's been crunching my schedule a bit.

Here's to hoping one of my busiest weeks at work does not cramp my running style!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!