Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Starting a New Chapter

I have officially turned the page in my life story.............I've left my twenties behind me. I am a little sad to see them go since I am now past the decade where alot happened in my life that has shaped me to be who I am. I feel like your twenties really affect you the most as you in life and I definitely feel that I settled into who I want to be in my later years. There was a lot of experimentation along the way and thrusting myself into new adventures.

NOT that I will not continue to push myself and step outside the box in my thirties, but it probably won't be as often and without regard for others. I really don't enjoy the phrase "older and wiser"....I mean why can't you get "younger and wiser"?? I could totally go for that! I know that age is just a number and it's really just about what you make out of each day.

I am starting with morning workouts as of today, I got in a 1 mile swim...YAY, so that I can stop missing so many of them and also have my nights free to enjoy time with my husband, family and friends and make healthy dinners. It will great once the warmer weather officially shows up so I can enjoy some summer evenings laying in the hammock reading a book and enjoying a beverage.

It helps that I am now in the hardest age group to win an award.... I gotta step up my game if I want any chance to place in a small race where most of the fast people don't show up!! I know, setting my goals high here! I guess this is the age where people figure their shit out. That is what I'm banking on....cheers to another great year of racing. I've got my first coming up on Friday and excited to test this old body :)

I'm just a fine wine, aged and D-Lishious!!

After 30, a body has a mind of it's own.    Bette Midler

3 comments:

  1. Woo 1983 babies! Happy Birthday!

    Don't worry, I'll be joining you in that age group in a few months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your Dirty Thirties sis. You're just getting better with age.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!